Thank you for visiting Gendan Automotive Products.
Gendan Limited is a UK-based company specialising in high-tech car diagnostic tools and systems. We are located
in Swansea, South Wales.
We are a growing internet-based business aiming to provide professionals and home-users alike with a wide (and
growing) range of advanced diagnostic products.
Good value, fast service
We pride ourselves in offering an ever-expanding choice at good value, and in ensuring that products reach you
How often do you order from mail-order or internet companies, only to find that your products will take 28 days to
arrive? If products are in stock, they normally leave us on the same working day and we offer a range of delivery services so you can choose how fast you receive it.
We also don't try to hide any postage/packaging costs from you, as many websites do - all of our product pages
show the price you pay including standard delivery and VAT.
There will be no surprise extras to pay when you place your order. We also do not add any credit/debit card or PayPal
Ordering from us
As we are a mail-order and internet business, we are set up to accept orders online
If you are concerned about ordering online, or would feel happier talking to one of us before placing an
order, please call us on any weekday between 9:30am and 5:30pm. You can reach us on 01792 588002.
We are a small team, but between us we have a great deal of business and automotive diagnostic experience.
How to order
Currently we are only accepting orders placed online.
You can browse our product pages, email us any questions you have about our products, add
products to your basket and buy directly from our website.
On our desktop site (which you are currently viewing) we accept payments by PayPal and online
credit and debit card payments through a secure, PCI-DSS compliant third-party payment
processor (Sage Pay). We also accept Bitcoin payments.
If you prefer to shop on the go we also accept card and PayPal payments on our
We aim to process all orders within one working day of receipt.
Our website basket will give an indication of the expected delivery schedule, based on the
current time, delivery service selected, and the products in your basket.
By placing an order with us you accept our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Terms and Conditions of Sale (T&Cs):
T&Cs: Shipping, postage and packing
We currently only ship goods to addresses in the United Kingdom via our website.
(We can ship some of our products to other countries, but we have to price each order individually.
If you know which product(s) you are interested in, please
for pricing and shipping costs).
Where products are in stock, and orders are placed before our shipping cut-offs on a working day,
the order will normally be shipped the same working day. The shipping cut-off times (and expected delivery
dates) are displayed in the shopping basket when you select a shipping option.
Our product prices include shipping to UK addresses, so there will always be a "free" shipping
option for your order. The specific service we offer for free depends on the weight and value of the items in
As a general guide:
In most cases, a signature is required on delivery.
- Orders below £40 will usually be shipped by Second Class Post
- Orders above £40 and below £250 usually go with the Royal Mail Tracked 24 service
- Orders above £250 are sent with an insured Next-Working-Day Carrier
Next working day items are usually sent by DHL or Royal Mail Special Delivery,
depending on the type of product and the delivery destination.
There are options to upgrade your order to a faster delivery service in our website basket.
We reserve the right to substitute the selected delivery service for an equivalent or better service, should
we believe it appropriate.
This may happen for reasons such as (but not limited to):
- the insurance value of the selected delivery service being insufficient.
- the selected delivery service being unavailable or prohibitively expensive for the delivery destination.
If the courier is unable to deliver your order, they will either attempt to deliver to a neighbour, attempt to
redeliver the following day, leave a card for you to rearrange a suitable time for redelivery or leave the parcel
at your local Post Office / courier depot for you to collect.
If the email address supplied with your order is valid, we will send a confirmation of shipping, including
tracking details where appropriate, once the parcel has been collected from us toward the end of the working day.
We reserve the right to alter the postage and packing costs on any order - we will however notify you if we do so,
before processing your order.
T&Cs: Payment information
We accept payments by the following methods:
When placing your order, you can select the payment method to use.
Credit card or debit card. Online payments are processed securely through our third-party payment provider.
Card details are encrypted using 128-bit SSL connections.
(Please note that as a fraud-reduction measure, we will ONLY ship goods to the
registered card billing address for credit/debit card orders)
- PayPal (for orders with a total value no more than £5000)
(Please note, to comply with PayPal's Seller Protection requirements, we can only
take PayPal payments where the delivery address selected is a "Confirmed" address, and is within the UK)
- Bitcoin (for orders with a total value no more than £5000)
- Bank transfer
If you wish to pay by a bank transfer, please contact us including information regarding:
We can then send you a proforma invoice to pay against.
- Contact name
- Contact telephone number
- Contact email address
- Full postal address
- Which product(s) you require
T&Cs: Returns information
Returns can only be made by prior agreement with Gendan Limited.
Any product returned to us must be returned with all associated items originally sent as part of the product and in
the same packaging, unless otherwise agreed with Gendan Limited.
You should return any product to us via a suitably insured means based on the value of the product. You should
retain any receipt confirming the return. If returned products are lost we will not be liable for them.
Software can only be returned if the seal on the product is completely intact. The only exception to this is if the
product is faulty or misdescribed. Should this be the case, please contact us.
Unwanted Goods - within 14 days of delivery
Orders placed on or after June 13th 2014 are covered by the 'The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation
and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013' (which replace the Distance Selling Regulations).
These regulations give you a 14-day 'cooling-off period', beginning the day after your order is received.
Within this 14 day period, you have the right to cancel and return the order without penalty, subject to the
The regulations allow you to inspect your purchase to the same extent as you would be able to in a shop,
before deciding whether to keep it. They do not entitle you to use the product.
The product(s) must be returned to us complete, un-used, and in as-new condition.
If the products are returned complete and unused, we will refund your original purchase price including the basic
(free) shipping option. We are not required to refund any charges for shipping upgrades selected at the time
The customer is responsible for the costs associated with returning the order to us.
If a product has been used, we have the right to deduct a reasonable amount from the refund to reflect the
reduction in resale value of the product.
We supply some products in a clear (transparent), sealed plastic bag, to allow them to be inspected as if
in a shop, while guaranteeing they are not used. If such a product is returned once the bag has been opened,
it will be considered used (even if there are no visible signs of damage), and so a reasonable proportion of
the value will be deducted from the refund.
In the case of products which cannot be re-sold once they have been used (e.g. car oxygen sensors and ignition
coils), if the product is returned once the sealed bag has been opened, we have the right to deduct 100% of the
product value from the refund, as the returned part has negligible resale value. These products will have a warning label
regarding this attached to the bag.
Products supplied digitally (e.g. software downloads) are covered by the regulations, however the regulations
stipulate that we must not begin supply (i.e. provide activation codes) for a digital product purchase until 14
days after the purchase has been made - essentially bypassing the cooling-off period.
By requesting activation details for a digital purchase within the 14 day period, you acknowledge that you waive
your right to cancel under the regulations.
Should you wish to cancel your order within the cooling-off period, we have a standard cancellation form including
instructions available here (pdf format).
There is also an HTML-based version of the form itself here.
You may use this to inform us of your decision to cancel within the 14-day period.
After contacting us for a return, please wait for a reply. We will issue you with an RMA number, to ensure your
return is tracked correctly when we receive it.
If you decide to return your order, you must return it to reach us no later than 14 days after you inform us of your
intention to return, or 14 days after we issue you with an RMA number, whichever is the later.
Should the product(s) supplied be faulty or incorrectly supplied, different regulations apply. See the "Damaged,
Defective or Faulty Goods" section below.
Unwanted Goods - more than 14 days after delivery
We are not obliged to accept the return of an unwanted good after the 14-day cooling-off period mandated by the Consumer
Contracts Regulations has expired - we are entitled to accept returns at our discretion. Contact us to find
out if this is possible for your case.
Any goods returned must be unopened and in a re-saleable condition, and will be subject to a minimum administration and handling
fee of 20% of the invoice value. You will be responsible for the cost of safe carriage back to us.
Postage and packing costs are non-refundable.
Damaged, Defective or Faulty Goods
Gendan Limited will repair or replace any product that has failed in normal usage as long as the product has
been used as intended and does not, on examination, display any signs of misuse.
Should we attempt to repair the product and find that no inherent manufacturing fault exists, we will return
the product to you and charge you 20% of the product's selling price to cover the cost of the testing process.
If you are dissatisfied with the quality of the goods or the goods are damaged or wrongly supplied, you must
give written notice to Gendan Limited within 7 working days of delivery. We will arrange as our option to refund
or replace the goods.
Should you need to return a product due to an error on our part we will exchange or refund the product for you.
We will also refund any reasonable associated carriage costs.
T&Cs: General information, including use of the website
We will not ship any goods until payment has been received (and cleared) in full. We will also not charge your
payment card until we are shipping the goods.
Placing an order through this website does not guarantee that goods will be dispatched and does not create a
commitment on our part (or yours) to complete the transaction. No payment will be taken until an order is dispatched.
We do not guarantee that the prices quoted on the website are correct. If you place an order and are shown an
incorrect price, we will contact you to inform you of the correct price. We are not obliged to sell at the
Use of this website is at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible for lost orders.
Whether you buy from us, contact us with an enquiry or subscribe to our mailing list, we will NOT sell or rent your
details to third parties.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law
and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our website
1. Who are we and how do you contact us?
Gendan Limited and our Data Protection Officer
We're Gendan Limited, Great Southgate Farm, Southgate, Swansea. SA3 2BT. We are a data controller of your personal
We have a dedicated data protection officer ("DPO"). You can contact the DPO using the details below or by writing
to the above address, marking it for the attention of the DPO or going to Contact Us.
2. What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we'll process in connection with all of our products and services, if relevant, includes:
- Personal and contact details, such as title, full name, postal address, contact details and contact
- Your date of birth, gender and/or age
- Your nationality, if needed for the product or service
- Records of your contact with us such as via the phone number and, if you get in touch with us online
using our online services, email address, IP address and MAC address
- Products and services you hold with us, as well as have been interested in and have held and the
associated payment methods used
- The usage of our products and services, any support calls, online support enquiries (and details
related to this)
- Marketing to you and analysing data, including history of those communications, whether you open them
or click on links, and information about products or services we think you may be interested in, and analysing data to help
target offers to you that we think are of interest or relevance to you. Offers may include any of our products and services
- Vehicle information, such as make and model, faults and repairs
- Information about your use of products
- Information we obtained from third parties, including information about instances of suspect fraud
- Personal information which we obtain from Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies
including public (for example, defaults, CCJs) and shared credit history, financial situation and financial history
- Fraud, debt and theft information, including details of money you owe, suspected instances of fraud or
theft, and details of any devices used for fraud
- Information we buy or rent from third parties, including demographic information, vehicle details, details
of outstanding finance, marketing lists, publicly available information, and information to help improve the relevance of our
products and services
- Insights about you and our customers gained from analysis or profiling of customers
- Tax information, if relevant (for example, for purposes of VAT and taxation)
3. What is the source of your personal information?
We'll collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly
- Information generated about you when you use our products and services
- From other sources such as Fraud Prevention Agencies, Credit Reference Agencies, other lenders, HMRC, DWP, publically
available directories and information (for example, telephone directory, social media, internet, news articles), debt
recovery and/or tracing agents, other organisations to assist in prevention and detection of crime, police and law enforcement
- We may buy or rent information about you or customers generally from third parties including demographic information,
vehicle details, claims history, fraud information, marketing lists, publicly available information and other information to
help improve our products and services or our business
4. What do we use your personal data for?
We may use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed in section 1 above, for the following purposes:
- Assessing an order for a product or service, including considering whether or not to offer you the product or service, the
risk of doing so, availability of payment method and the terms
- Managing products and services relating to that product or service, or order for one
- Updating your records, tracing your whereabouts and recovering debt
- Managing any aspect of the product or service
- To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes
- To improve the operation of our business
- To follow guidance and best practice under the change to rules of governmental and regulatory bodies
- For management and auditing of our business operations including accounting
- To carry out checks at Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies pre-order, at order, and periodically after that
- To monitor and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below)
- To administer our good governance requirements, such as internal reporting and compliance obligations
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics
- Assessing and profiling aspects of your vehicle (including faults) and location (if relevant to your product or service)
- For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and service, including
deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and service. We'll send marketing to you by email, post, social media and
digital channels (for example, using Facebook Custom Audiences). Offers may relate to any of our products and services and
advice we think may be of interest
- To provide personalised content and services to you, such as tailoring our products and services, our digital customer
experience and offerings, and deciding which offers or promotions to show you on our digital channels
- To develop new products and services and to review and improve current products and services
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
- To provide insight and analysis of our customers both for ourselves either as part of providing products or services, helping
us improve products or services, or to assess or improve the operating of our business
5. What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we
share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
- Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
a) Assessing an order for a product or service you hold with us, including consider whether or not to offer you the product,
the price, the payment methods available and the conditions to attach
b) Managing and supporting products and services you have previously ordered from us
c) Updating your records, tracing your whereabouts to contact you about your account and doing this for recovering debt (where
d) Sharing your personal information with business partners and services providers, such as delivery companies (for example Royal
Mail and DHL) when you purchase a product
e) All stages and activities relevant to managing the product or service including enquiry, order, administration and management
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
a) Managing your products and services relating to that, updating your records to contact you about your account and doing
this for recovering debt (where appropriate)
b) To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes
c) To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies
d) For management and audit of our business operations including accounting
e) To carry out searches at Credit Reference Agencies pre-order, at the order stage, and periodically after that
f) To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below)
g) To administer our good governance requirements, such as internal reporting and compliance obligations
h) For market research and analysis and developing statistics
i) For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services, including
deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and service. We will send marketing to you by email, post, social media
and digital channels (for example, using Facebook Custom Audiences)
j) Subject to the appropriate controls, to provide insight and analysis of our customers either as part of providing products
or services, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or to improve the operating of our business
k) Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business or comply with
any legal and/or regulatory obligations
- To comply with our legal obligations
- With your consent or explicit consent, for some direct marketing communications
6. When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
- Governmental and regulatory bodies such as HMRC, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Ombudsman, the Information
Commissioner's Office and under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
- Other organisations and businesses who provide services to us such as debt recovery agencies, back up and server hosting
providers, IT software and maintenance providers, document storage providers and suppliers of other back office functions
- Courier companies who need your name, address and contact information to deliver or collect goods ordered or returned
- Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies
7. How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we're relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can
withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details below.
8. Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
We're based in the UK but in the unlikely event that your personal information needs be transferred outside the European
Economic Area, we'll make sure that suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using approved contractual agreements,
unless certain exceptions apply.
9. What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us so that we can update our records using the details in the Contact Us section of our website. We'll then
update your records if we can.
10. Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We're unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where
providing some personal information is optional, we'll make this clear.
11. Do we do any monitoring involving processing of your personal information?
In this section monitoring means any: listening to, recording of, viewing of, intercepting of, or taking and keeping records
(as the case may be) of calls, email, text messages, social media messages, in person (face to face) meetings and other
We may monitor where permitted by law and we'll do this where the law requires it, or to comply with regulatory rules, to
prevent or detect crime, in the interests of protecting the security of our communications systems and procedures and for
quality control and staff training purposes. This information may be shared for the purposes described above.
12. For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we'll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us;
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
13. What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don't apply in all circumstances. If you
wish to use any of them, we'll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete
personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the "right to be forgotten")
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information ("data portability")
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office which enforces data protection laws:
https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us using the details below.
14. Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and
to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us by going to the
Contact Us section of our website to exercise these rights.
15. What are your marketing preferences and what do they mean?
We may use your home address, email address and social media or digital channels (for example, Facebook, Google and message
facilities in other platforms) to contact you according to your marketing preferences. You can stop our marketing at any time by
contacting us using the details below or by following the instructions in the communication.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights or contact the DPO, you can contact us
by going to the Contact Us section of our website. Alternatively, you can write to Gendan Limited, Great
Southgate Farm, Southgate, Swansea. SA3 2BT, marking it for the attention of the DPO.
basket, and others which perform less essential tasks.
For full details of what cookies we use, how we use them, and how to opt out of the non-essential cookies, please see our
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. The legislation aims to make
producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also
mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return
their waste equipment free of charge.
The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream
in the UK.
Recycling reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
Gendan Limited is obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like
basis when they buy a new Electrical or Electronic product from us.
Customers must return their like-for-like WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item.
Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol
to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household
waste so that they can be recycled.
For further information on our WEEE and environmental policies, please